Outdoor cinema or open air cinema is a quite widespread form of entertainment. When Georgia was a part of the Soviet Union, there were number of outdoor cinemas, mostly in the parks of the capital. After collapsing, many things have disappeared from the open air, including the cinema.
In last decade, tradition has recovered and now we can meet many outdoor cinemas as in the capital, as well as in regional towns and even villages.
Last year, we enjoyed outdoor cinema at Era Square, Batumi, Georgia. I watched THE WALL on big screen. Well, I had never watched THE WALL on big screen, so it was huge joy and pleasure to be there at that moment.
And this year, from August 16 to September 15, BIAFF – Batumi International Art-House Film Festival and Batumi Botanical Garden offer outdoor cinema to the visitors of Batumi.
Everyday, for one month, at 20:00 you can enjoy the films of previous BIAFFs in a brilliant surroundings.
Here are incomplete list of the films you can watch in the Batumi paradise:
– BEST OFFER, Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy/ United States, 2013;
– Holy motors, Leos Carax, France/Germany, 2012
– Chicken with Plums, Marjane Satrapi, France/Germany, 2012
– Paradjanov, Serge Avedikian, Olena Fetisova, Ukraine/Georgia/France/Armenia, 2013
– Look of Love, Michael Winterbottom, 2013
and many more . . .
Here are some beautiful photos from my blogging neighborhood – Mtvaris Klubi